The Primos® Limb Hanger™ is one of our Original™ Series mouth calls. This call is constructed out of two thin prophylactic reeds creating a sensitive call that’s easy to use. With a little practice, you can reproduce clear notes or raspy calls. This one is great for beginners and pros alike.
Put the call in the middle of your mouth with:
- Front of call facing out. The notch goes to the right, ensuring the short reed is down when using a multiple reed call.
- Tongue should be 1/4" to 1/2" past the reeds. Try different tongue positions for different sounds.
- Press your tongue against the call to seal it in the middle of the roof of your mouth.
- Take a breath of air forcing it between your tongue and the reeds. You should make a squeaking sound.
- Cluck - Say, "plock" sharply. Note, the "p" is formed with your lips when you do this.
- Yelp - Say, "cholk, cholk, cholk" while trying different mouth positions and rhythms.
- Cutting - Say, "pot, pot, pot". The lips come together for each cut.
- Purr - Vibrate your vocal cords as if gargling. Vibrate your lips or flutter your tongue. The air comes across the reeds producing a very soft, controlled vibration.
- Cackling - Say, "kit kit, cat cat cat cat, cholk cholk cholk". This call is easily achieved when the jaw is used to set the tempo and rhythm.
- Kee-Kee - Say, "pee pee pee". Make a high note, starting and stopping the flow of air with your lips.
- Kee-Kee Run - Say, "pee pee, cholk".
- Single frame
- Two thin prophylactic reeds create an easy-to-use, sensitive call
- Use firm tongue pressure for clear notes or loose tongue pressure for raspy calls
- Excellent for kee-kees and soft tree yelps
- Great for beginners and pros alike